This page is for general CAF questions and usage. For project specific information please check the project wiki. Links to project specific wiki pages can be found here:
Contacts and escalation when technical problems are encountered
- For support requests send an email to:
New mirror request process
- In order to request a new mirror for an existing project, send an email to: .
- Be sure to include:
- The project the mirror request is for.
- The URL where the code will be mirrored from.
- The path to the CAF repo where the code will be mirrored and whether the mirror is in an existing repo or a new repo.
- The Jira ticket showing LOST approval.
- If the mirror needs to be re-synced, how often. (Daily or Weekly)
History rewrite process
- Repo history change requests send an email to:
- Admins will make necessary changes to the repo config and respond.
- once the history changes have been made respond back to notifying them that the change is complete.
- Admins will then remove the ability to change history.
How to upload changes/patches to a project
- First make sure you have been given write access and SSH is setup properly:
- Pay special attention to the section called:
If you clone with this method:
git clone email@example.com:external/thundersoft/ + <Path to Repo>
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:external/thundersoft/qrd8x25-fmc/qrd8x25-fmc-jb/platform/build.git
git clone email@example.com:quic/sba/<project>_patches.git
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:quic/sba/femto_patches.git
This will work to push the changes:
git push origin <Branch Name>
git push origin master
- If you neeed to change an existing remote in a repo that has been downloaded previously read the section called:
Steps the admin needs to follow to add a new person to contribute/administer the project or remove a person
- To add contributors or change admins, send an email to: .
- Be sure to carbon-copy the project Admin so that they can approve this change.
Steps to pull from The Linux Foundation instead of CAF
- Pull your code from codeaurora.org instead of git.codeaurora.org:
repo init -u -b release -m M8974AAAAANLYA00050074.xml --repo-url=
- Setup your ~/.gitconfig with an insteadOf to replace git.codeaurora.org with codeaurora.org:
insteadOf = " "
insteadOf = " ""]
Benefits of a full repo sync vs. git clone of a repo
If syncing from git servers has been slow, try the following. Before you run "repo sync", please tell git to do an on-the-fly substitution of the git URLs to a different location:
git config global \
The major upside of usingwith "repo sync" is that repo will use a look-aside CDN location for downloading the majority of clone bundles but this only happens during "repo sync" not a regular git clone.
You should be able to see the speed boost yourself if you run the following command:
- curl -L > /dev/null
Check what it says in "Average Dload" column after it's done. Probably more than 30k you're getting when doing "git clone".